The mission of the CNIA is to be the voice for Health Informatics in Canada. Recognizing the importance of the work the CNIA is undertaking, the Canadian Nurses Association has granted affiliate group status to the CNIA.
The CNIA is also affiliated with COACH, Canada's National Health Informatics Association. Through this strategic alliance CNIA is the Canadian nursing nominee to the International Medical Informatics Association - Special Interest Group in Nursing Informatics (IMIA-SIGNI).
- To provide nursing leadership for the development of Nursing/Health informatics in Canada.
- To establish national networking opportunities for nurse informaticians.
- To facilitate informatics educational opportunities for all nurses in Canada.
- To engage in international nursing informatics initiatives.
- To act as a nursing advisory group in matters of nursing and health informatics.
- To expand awareness of Nursing Informatics to all nurses and the healthcare community.
Science & Technology