The academic field of Social Information Studies was created in response to the rapidly expanding modern, advanced information society that confronts us today. As a result of this rapid expansion, this society is undergoing drastic changes in a wide range of fields, from the way we work and study, the newly acquired roles of politics and economics and even the way we carry out our consumption and leisure activities. Our faculty members are all specialists in fields such as information science, the humanities, social science and environmental science. Based upon a comprehensive understanding of our advanced information society, students pursuing their studies in this faculty acquire the ability to grasp problems as they arise from an ever-broadening perspective. he Faculty of Social & Information Studies offers majors in Information Behavior Science and in Social Sciences in the modern Information Societies. In the past, when this faculty offered 3 major courses of concentration, it was possible to go beyond a comprehensive education by moving on into specialized fields of concentration, but certain obstacles remained when students would attempt to pursue disciplinary expertise in these specialized fields.
Study Programs - Information Society ()
- University of California, Los Angeles, US
- de Montfort University, UK
- Oxford Internet Institute, UK
- University of Uppsala, Sweden
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Gakushuin University, Faculty of Law, Graduate School of Political Studies, Socio-Information Studies...
- National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Gunma University, Faculty of Social Information Studies, Japan
- Otsuma Women's University, Graduate School of Social Information Studies, Japan
- University of Sydney, Australia