Social Informatics minor
The Department of Sociology and Anthropology is developing a new program in Social Informatics--the study of the social influences on and consequences of information and communication technology.
Goals for the Community Informatics course are the following:
- To develop an understand of how information and communication technologies (ICTs) interact with various forms of community (neighborhoods, identity communities, and virtual communities).
- To learn a skills in how to develop, manage, and evaluate the effectiveness of ICT applications in community settings.
Study Programs - Social Informatics ()
- University of Iowa, USA
- Mykolas Romeris University, Lithuania
- Masaryk University, Czech Republic
- The University of Toledo, US
- Pennsylvania State University, US
- Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis, US
- Indiana University Northwest, US
- Indiana University South Bend, US
- Indiana University Kokomo, US
- Loughborough University, UK