The postdoctoral project presents studying the (until now surprisingly under-researched) relationship between e-inclusion and social inclusion and by testing the influence exerted by various factors upon these two multidimensional concepts (in Slovenia and EU). Presentation of trends and dynamics of change in e-inclusion (in Slovenia and EU) that provides the basis to answer the question of whether the so-called digital and social divides grow, shrink or stagnate, holistically. The project significantly contributes to scientific development also by further development of holistic methodological framework, which facilitates a complex insight into the dynamics of processes in studying social differences. Methodological framework, based on the use and inclusion of S-time-distance, an innovative statistical measure that (beside conventional statistical measures), contributes a new, additional insight into the study of social inequality dynamics. Using the S-time-distance as a complement to the conventional absolute and relative differences, the project contributes to significant, yet overlooked, aspect of studying e-inclusion and social inclusion.
Applied social informatics
Research Projects (20)
- Slovenian Children Online
- PAJEK software package for analyzing social networks
- EU KIDS ONLINE: European Research on Cultural, Contextual and Risk Issues in Children's Safe Use...
- 7EU-VET: Detailed Methodological Approach to understanding the VET education
- PROGR-EAST: Innovative PROcurement techniques to support the GRowth of competitiveness for public services...
- Generations and Gender Programme (GGP)
- Intimate Life Styles of Students in Slovenia
- The relationship between eInclusion and social inclusion: theoretical and empirical perception (postdoctoral...
- LEAGE: LEArning Games for elder Europeans
- The European Social Survey - Data for a Changing Europe (ESS-DACE)
- Dynamics of scientific co-authorship networks of Slovenian researchers