Fatima M. Mncube-Barnes
I am currently registered in a Social Informatics class as part of my graduate program in Information Science at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. This class is taught by Dr. Devendra Potnis whose research area is ICT for Development; Electronic Governance; and Microfinance: Financial inclusion of the Unbanked Poor in Developing Nations.
This blog will highlight my understanding of Social informatics at micro and macro levels. For instance, social consequences of information and communication technologies (ICTs) at micro (e.g. personal and organizational level) and at macro level (e.g. information society studies), and applications of ICT in the area of social sciences and public sector.
- Social and Community Informatics
- Social Informatics by Laura B.
- Fatima's Social Informatics Blog
- Gurstein's Community Informatics
- Social Informatics in Libraries
- Social Informatics Blog
- Community Informatics Initiative: CI Reflections
- MTAT.03.245 Social informatics
- Social Informatics by Georg Singer