CePIT was founded in 2001 and its mission is: Development and research of Information Society.CePIT is primarily focused on research projects in Social Informatics, e-learning development and various public activities, in order to enhance the development of Information Society in and SEE region.
CePIT's main objectives are:
- Development of e-learning programs - project "Virtual Schools"
- Empirical research of interaction between ICT and society
- Promotion of Information society issues in the public sphere
- Facilitation of e-publishing
Research Centres - e-Social Science ()
- Center for Advanced Studies and Research in Information and Communication Technologies & Society
- Centre for e-Research, UK
- Centre for e-Science, US
- Center for eResearch, US
- The e-Science North West Centre, UK
- National e-Science Centre, UK
- National Centre for e-Social Science, UK
- Center for Research of Information Technologies, Serbia
- Center of Excellence for Electronic Government, Switzerland