Informatics research in IRC covers a wide range of research themes from information management to information processing within the information lifecycle. One of the key aims of our research is to help organisations to maximise their added-value and enhance their business competitiveness by the effective management of information resources.
IRC research activities can be found in domains of business and management, IT for strategic management, enterprise information systems, financial modelling and prognostics, bio-computing, construction management, intelligent buildings, pervasive intelligent spaces, and IT supported collaborative work. IRC attracts researchers and students from around the world. Their current research outcomes are actively disseminated to the research communities and industries.
Research Centres - Europe ()
- Alexander von Humboldt Institut für Internet und Gesellschaft
- Communication and Computing Research Centre, Sheffield Hallam University
- Centre for Social Informatics, University of Ljubljana
- Information Systems, Organisations and Society (ISOS Research Centre)
- Institute for Research on Population and Social Policies: Social informatics research activity
- Informatics Research Centre, University of Reading, UK
- Institut für Sozialinformatik, Bielefeld, Germany
- Social Informatics Research Group, Technologie-Zentrum Informatik und Informationstechnik, Universit...
- Social Informatics Lab (SILab), Newcastle University, UK
- Social Informatics Cluster, University of Edinburgh, UK