The Social Informatics Research Group undertakes research in the analysis and design of IT systems - specifically Digital Media systems - within the social context. Here, we mainly focus on two questions: How can IT systems support people within their daily social context? More precisely: How can Digital Media systems support the communication and collaboration between people? How do these systems have to be designed so that people regard them as usable, easy to handle and even convenient?
Research Centres - Europe ()
- Alexander von Humboldt Institut für Internet und Gesellschaft
- Communication and Computing Research Centre, Sheffield Hallam University
- Centre for Social Informatics, University of Ljubljana
- Information Systems, Organisations and Society (ISOS Research Centre)
- Institute for Research on Population and Social Policies: Social informatics research activity
- Informatics Research Centre, University of Reading, UK
- Institut für Sozialinformatik, Bielefeld, Germany
- Social Informatics Research Group, Technologie-Zentrum Informatik und Informationstechnik, Universit...
- Social Informatics Lab (SILab), Newcastle University, UK
- Social Informatics Cluster, University of Edinburgh, UK