Nanyang Technological University:
The Singapore Internet Research Centre is hosted at and has received initial funding from the Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. The centre initiates and conducts research related to the Internet across Asia, including East, Southeast, and South Asia. Faculty associates of the Centre engage in wide variety of collaborative research efforts with other researchers around the globe. Although the research efforts are primarily supported by faculty from NTU, it engages in a wide variety of collaborative efforts with researchers and institutions worldwide.
The goal of the Singapore Internet Research Centre is:
To be a premier Asian research institute on the Internet, and bring Asian experiences and perspectives to the global discussion about the development, impact, and potential of the Internet, and to conduct and promote broad-based high-quality multidisciplinary research in Internet development, e-services, new media use and social impact, and policy for the benefit and advancement of individuals, organizations, nation and society. The Centre focuses research attention on the experiences of Asian nations with the Internet.
Social ICT Applications
Research Centres - Web Applications ()
- Berkman Center for Internet & Society
- Carl Couch Center for Social and Internet Research (CCCSIR)
- Centre for e-Research, UK
- Centre for Internet and Society
- The Singapore Internet Research Centre, Nanyang Technological University
- The Netvision Institute for Internet Studies, Tel Aviv University
- Internet Interdisciplinary Institute (IN3), Open University of Catalonia
- StudyResponse Center for Online Research, Syracuse University, US
- Oxford Internet Institute, UK