COSI contributes to the development of individuals, organisations, and society through research on human-centred design and deployment of information and communication technologies (ICT). COSI focuses on understanding the people and organisational dimensions, the complexities and needs of the social networks that ICT serves, in order to optimise its social, cultural and economic benefits.
COSI builds on and extends research undertaken by its predecessor, the Enterprise Information Research Group (EIRG), which brought together a cross-disciplinary group of researchers and research activities with the common objective of improving enterprise and interpersonal information flow and recorded memory, an internationally recognised area of research strength at Monash since 2000.
Social ICT Applications
Research Centres (86)
- Centre for Organisational and Social Informatics (COSI), Monash University
- The Newcastle Centre for Social and Business Informatics, UK
- StudyResponse Center for Online Research, Syracuse University, US
- Center for Digital Literacy, Syracuse University, US
- Centre for Computing in the Humanities, UK
- Centre for Methodology and Informatics (CMI), University of Ljubljana
- Social Informatics - Research at Drexel University
- The Consortium on Qualitative Research Methods (CQRM)
- Center for Computational Analysis of Social and Organizational Systems (CASOS)
- Centre for e-Science, US