The RCSS was established in 1984 to promote high quality research across the Faculty of Social Sciences by promoting and hosting multidisciplinary research and by offering specialist advice on methodology, funding, research policy, and acting as a clearing house for contacts with external agencies.
Key areas of research, public policy advice and consultancy are Socio-economic research on technology, innovation and society including information, media and communications technologies, environment, biotechnology, nanotechnology, risk and public policy, and technology transfer.
The RCSS is located in the Old Surgeons' Hall, built in 1697 in the historic Edinburgh Old Town.
To contact the RCSS use the following addresses and fax:
Tel: +44 (0)131 650 6387
Tel: +44 (0)131 650 6384
Fax : +44 (0)131 650 6399
Old Surgeons Hall
High School Yards
Science & Technology
Research Centres (86)
- Research Centre for Social Sciences, UK
- Social Science Research Institute (SSRI), US
- Center for Community Informatics Research, Development and Training, CAN
- Centre for Community Networking Research, Australia
- Institute for Computer Sciences, Social-Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering (ICST), BEL
- Rob Kling Center for Social Informatics (RKCSI), US
- Center for eResearch, US
- Center for Research in Library and Information Management, MMU, UK
- Social Informatics Group, GER
- Center for Social Informatics, Edinburgh Napier University, UK