Doctoral study programme covers diverse thematic fields:
- The concept of social informatics: history, development and specific aspects, understanding and context.
- The information society: concept, development, factors, information-communication technology (ICT) in everyday life.
- Web communities and social networks on the web (practice, factors, motives, norms).
- Sociological aspects of the use of mobile phones.
- Monitoring of the information society: overview of situation and methodological problems.
- Social aspects of ICT services and technologies: practicability of applications, aspects of privacy and security, role and regulation of ICT.
- ICT applications in the public sector: eHealth, eAdministration, eLearning, atmosphere technology.
- Contemporary ICT as a tool for the analysis of sociological phenomena (e.g. social networks analysis), with a focus on phenomena related to the use of ICT (web).
- Sociological aspects of ICT's role: digital gap, eInclusion, information literacy.
Doctoral students are introduced to the study of the interaction between information-communication technologies (ICT) and contemporary society.