The undergraduate study of Social Informatics on the Faculty of Social Sciences is being carried out in two ways as:
Faculty of Social Sciences was one of the first faculties to renew their study programs according to the Bologna Reform. The renewed Bologna programs started their execution in school year 2005/06 for the first year of the first level.
University program of Social informatics covers following thematic fields:
- contemporary social processes, especially those connected with contemporary information and communication technologies (ICT),
- technical and organizational views of information systems and
- methodological and empirical tools for their analysis.
The renewed programs include about two thirds of compulsory courses from above mentioned fields. Another third of courses is more or less optional and enables further orientation in any of the sociological fields of Faculty of Social Sciences. (List of compulsory and optional courses in university program>>)
Higher education program
Higher educational program covers following thematic fields:
- social regularities and processes,
- information systems and
- methodological-statistical tools.
In contrast to university program this one is more practically oriented and therefore includes less theoretical courses. On the other hand, there are more practical courses and larger proportion of exercises in computer laboratories. The program is also shorter - three years and not four. (List of compulsoryand optional courses in higher educational program>>)